I admire people who want to make money. They believe in creating value because money can only be made when value is created. Is is good that you want to make money because it is really hopeless for those who just want to get money. Money is not meant to be got; it is meant to be made. Those who want to get it are those who do not deserve it and are bound to lose no matter how much they get. The future of the world depends on people like you who believe in making money.
I don’t have anything to do with them who despise money and still work 9 to 5 like a donkey to earn money and still deliver the hypocritical statement : “Only greedy men work hard for money”. I work terribly hard for money not because because I love money but because I love my independence which my 9 to 5 job couldn’t give. I got a highly paying job in a world-class organization but I felt like a slave who was chained; the only difference was that it was a golden one. I decided to make enough money to survive without a day job. To make so much money that I would never have to work for anyone. The only question that mattered me most then was:
“How do I make money?”
I learnt to drive a cycle by observing how others were driving it. I learnt to use the computer by watching how others used it. I learnt to pay cricket by watching the masters in action and I learnt to make money by observing how the millionaires made money. There is no secret to make money. It is as simple as that. So simple that it is hard to believe. If you want to make money then learn it from them who have already made it. 99% of millionaires have become millionaires by following this route. There are other methods available but nothing comes close to the success rate this method delivers.
It is easier to believe and interesting to learn when we see real life examples. I would present here some of them.
1. I saw that Warren Buffett made a fortune from his stock market operations. I wanted to make money like he made. I decided to follow his steps. I read all that that said about his style of investing. I tried to learn the principles behind his investment decisions. I worked hard terribly learning the rules of the game.
I am not the one who discovered that money could be made in the stock market and neither was Warren Buffett. He learnt it from Benjamin Graham and I learnt it from him. The results are the same. We made money.
2. One fine day while surfing the net I happened to land on Michael Dunlop’s site. I was surprised to see that Michael was making a ton of money from his blog at such a young age. I decided to follow his ways of making money blogging. I became a regular reader of his blog and other similar blogs whose owners made money blogging. I learnt the rules of the game. I studied hard and worked harder and look I am making money blogging.
Michael Dunlop was not the first person to make money from his blog. He learnt it from someone and I learnt it from him. Today Michael is making money and today I am making money; not as much as he does but much more than millions of other bloggers.
3. Amanda Hocking was a poor girl, making a living by dish washing. She was trying hard to publish her books but all the traditional publishers turned her down. Then she learnt from others that she could publish her books without the help of traditional publishers. She approached amazon.com. She became a millionaire.
She learnt from others that money could be made selling e-books but she happened to outshine her predecessors by joining the millionaire club. She did better than her predecessors just as Warren Buffett did better than Benjamin Graham.
4. Robert Kiyosaki and Robert G Allen learnt that people are making money flipping real estate properties. They wanted to learn the rules of the game and hence decided to choose a mentor who had made money flipping real estate properties. They found their respective mentors and what happened next need not be mentioned yet I would say it for the sake of etiquette. They became multimillionaires and are presently one of the most sought after get rich teachers.
They made money from real estate because they learnt it from some one. They did not invent the idea that money could be made from real estate. They were just common men who decided to choose the uncommon path to earn their living. They decided to make money following the footsteps of not the common men but of the multimillionaires. The destination was obvious; they reached where the multimillionaires had reached.
5. Felix Dennis (my personal favorite) saw that money could be made selling magazines. Today he is one of the richest men in England. It was not easy for him but living a life of poverty was harder. I highly recommend his book: “How To Get Rich”. In his book he too shares the idea that money is made by following those who have made money.
So, today if you have decided to make money then be sure that the path to great wealth is not a secret. It is as simple as following the trails of those who have made it. If you want to reach the destinations of common men reach then follow the steps of common men. But, if you want to reach the destinations of millionaires then follow the steps of the millionaires. It does not take a genius to become a millionaire. It takes commitment and a ruthless pursuit. Millions have become millionaires following the trails and millions will become millionaires following the trails. I am already following. When are you going to join?